Sunday, September 26, 2010

Super 8 Peru footage

Last night I finished up putting together a little video of the Peru footage from my super 8.  Originally I had another idea in mind when making this video, but unfortunately the light meter in my camera wasn't working and much of the footage came out overexposed, which you can see in some of the shots.  However, I still wanted to show people a little bit of what I captured, but didn't quite know what to do.

During Labor Day weekend, Alex was staying at my place in Seattle and I decided to show him some of the clips I took while in Peru, and consequently at the same time we were playing the Doors on my computer.  I then thought to myself... "Hey, this actually looks pretty legit."  So I don't know, there's something about playing music and watching silent raw footage that I think sounds and looks kinda cool.  I first discovered this back in Robot House my junior year of college when we recorded some clips of Xeno Miller, put them to slow motion, turned the sound off, and start blasting rap music.  It looked awesome, just listening to the music, watching the video, and letting your mind wander.  It's something I can't explain or rationalize my liking to it, I just think it's sweet lookin'.

So since youtube sucks and won't let me post any of my videos with music anymore (I really hope I happen to run into a youtube representative today so I can pop him in the nose, not to mention my breakfast sucked today, AND they had bacon and I didn't get any, AHH I have a feeling this is gonna be a bad day, but anyway that's another story, this is a really long parenthesis and it probably doesn't fit well with my blog, so I apologize and back to my post), I was unable to post the original song I had use (The Doors - Riders on the Storm).  So here are your instructions:

1. Pick a song from a playlist or put on an album and start playing.  Don't just pick out a single song, cause chances are it'll probably end before the video is over.  I suggest The Doors, but I be lots of other songs would work too.  I listened to The Flaming Lips and watched it and that worked, and I bet Beck would sound flippin' awesome with this video.  So try anything you want (I wouldn't suggest Lady Gaga or music to that nature, but who knows...  It may just work).

2. Start playing the movie.  Watch and enjoy.  I guess those are the only two instructions I have so go and enjoy yourself!





Oh and try not to have any other background noise while listening.  That would ruin the mood in my opinion.  Well That's it for now.  Enjoy the video!




5 comments:

  1. people are strange/ soul kitchen/ love me two, is the shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia wants to run into the church with no shirt on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owen posted that, he wants credit for his filming.
    dsaj;a/j

    fdslkfj's
    sfl'k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Al Gore wants credit for inventing the internet, but as the Rolling Stones said, "You can't always get what you want..."

    ReplyDelete